days after the murder of a woman, the arrest of a friend, a hotel owner and two employees | Ghaziabad News

Ghaziabad: Four men, including the owner and two employees of a hotel, have been arrested, three days after a 32-year-old woman was found murdered in Vijay Nagar’s hotel room. According to police, the woman’s body was found at the Arya Deep hotel on May 5.
The woman was allegedly killed by her friend Naushad Khan – a resident of Nandgram village – who checked into the hotel with her. He was arrested on Saturday. Hotel owner Ravindra Yadav, manager Vijay Yadav and staff member Achelal, according to police, were also arrested on Saturday for trying to conceal details of the murder from police. They also allegedly changed Khan’s name in the hotel register and notified cops of the body around 10:30 a.m. on May 5, although they learned of the crime around 2 a.m. the same day. All four were taken into custody.
After receiving information from hotel staff, the police took the body of the woman – Priyanka Devi from Aligarh – into custody on the morning of May 5. Devi worked in Ghaziabad with a private company and lived in rented accommodation in the Lal Kuan area. For the past five years, she had lived separately from her husband Vyapar Singh.
Police found wound marks on his neck and registered a case of murder. From the start, the police suspected the involvement of Khan who had checked into the hotel with her. Later investigations revealed that Khan was drunk when he checked into the hotel with Devi. “A heated argument broke out between them when the woman raised questions about his manhood. Devi tried to leave the room, but Khan kept her, and during a fit of rage he strangled her with a cable and ran away,” said Swatantra Singh, Circle 1 Officer, Ghaziabad.
The police officer also said hotel staff tried to cover up the facts even though they knew Khan had murdered her. “After Khan left the hotel, the hotel workers knew he had killed the woman, but instead of telling the police the truth, they changed his name to Satish in the register and tried to save him. Their involvement in the incident is being investigated,” Singh added.
The investigation also revealed that Khan and Devi had become friends when they met at Ghaziabad railway station on May 4. She told him about the hotel and booked the room over the phone. The defendants were sentenced under IPC Sections 302 (murder) and 120B (criminal association) on Saturday.
On Sunday, they were presented in court and taken into custody.

Source link


About Author

Comments are closed.