I made a solemn trip to Poland to visit Auschwitz, a moving experience even more poignant than my visit to Dachau a few months earlier. This travelogue will relate my trip to Warsaw, Krakow, and finally Auschwitz-Birkenau.
Poland trip report – Warsaw, Krakow and Auschwitz-Birkenau
I am at a time in my life where I often struggle with sin, death, and human depravity. My Christian faith informs my worldview, and I rejoice in being able to wrestle with apologetic questions such as “Why does God allow human suffering? »
My visit to Dachau was so emotional that I decided to go to Auschwitz-Birkenau as soon as possible. An opportunity presented itself when a friend and I decided to spend a weekend in Poland, which gave me the opportunity to spend some time in Warsaw outside the airport terminal and then drive to Krakow.
I will offer many more comments detailing my visit to the concentration camps, but visiting Auschwitz and Birkenau is something everyone should do. When you encounter the brutal efficiency of the whole operation, you can’t help but cry.
On a lighter note, Warsaw and Krakow are great cities and I love the Poles and how far the dollar goes in Poland. I enjoyed some good food and drink which I will detail as well.
The trip took place last October, but by deploying the travel diaries one after the other, I remembered this one for several months. I wanted to post my massive summer report first and with that trip report now complete, I can move on to this one. I didn’t make any “teasers” for this trip, so all content is 100% fresh.
Stay tuned for the following segments in this report:
- Diamond Lounge Brussels (BRU)
- “The Loft” lounge of Brussels Airlines Brussels (BRU)
- Polish LOT E-190 Business Class Brussels – Warsaw
- Sheraton Grand Warsaw
- Photo report: Warsaw, Poland
- Delicious Georgian cuisine in Warsaw
- Great coffee in Warsaw
- DoubleTree Krakow
- Where to eat and drink in Krakow
- Mr. Black, the coolest cocktail bar in Krakow
- Reflections on visiting Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Photo report: Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Schengen Business Lounge Krakow (KRK)
- Polish LOT 787-9 Business Class Warsaw – Chicago
- Hyatt Regency Chicago O’Hare
Thanks for reading!