The MHPSS Technical Advisor for the Ukraine Emergency will ensure that all MHPSS activities comply with international standards and best practices and will develop effective supervision structures and processes for MHPSS staff. The MHPSS Technical Advisor will also support the Senior MHPSS Advisor to provide direct supervision and mentorship to professionals working in AMs who will be trained on MHPSS interventions.
Availability and type of contract: 12 months of consultancy, renewable
Workplace : Italy with availability to travel frequently through different project sites. Possible trips to Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Latvia, Hungary and the Czech Republic as needed.
Start date: As soon as possible
SOS Children’s Villages Italy aims to respond to the Ukrainian crisis with a dual approach. First, it aims to ensure that the needs of Ukrainian refugees who have found refuge in Italy are met through tailored assistance. Second, it aims to build the capacity of SOS staff in Italy and six SOS Member Associations (AMs), including Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Latvia, Hungary and the Czech Republic, as well as charity volunteers and public operators to meet Ukrainian refugees. Mental health needs and psychosocial support (MSPSS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and support the delivery of Training of Trainers (TOT) / Training of Facilitators (TOF) on MHPSS interventions.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to personnel trained in MHPSS interventions in Italy and in the various MAs responding to the needs of populations affected by the Ukrainian conflict.
- Contribute to building the skills of trained staff in MAs to provide direct supervision of local staff trained in MHPSS interventions.
- Support a community of practice across countries to nurture the knowledge and know-how of MHPSS teams.
Project technical assistance:
- Support ongoing MHPSS assessment and collect information related to MHPSS situation analysis across all project sites, to inform project adaptations.
- Conduct ad hoc support visits.
- Provide targeted psychological support to PA staff as well as opportunities to improve staff well-being.
- Master in Psychology
- At least 5 years of experience in MHPSS or a similar role with at least one experience at the international level and minimum 2 years in an emergency response or recovery context
- Experience in training staff and implementing MHPSS activities such as PFA, DWM, PM+
- Familiar with all IASC MHPSS guidelines
- Familiar with humanitarian coordination in emergency situations
- Experience in training and supervising others and in training/mentoring/coaching in the workplace
- Flexibility, excellent organizational and improvisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, in a difficult environment and to manage stress
- Politically and culturally sensitive, gender sensitive, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent English; Ukrainian or Russian is an asset
- Willingness to potentially work in an unstable security environment and to travel to the field
How to register
Please send a curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages) with two references to the email address: [email protected] indicating in the subject “Technical Advisor MHPSS ERP Ukraine” and authorizing the processing of data, in accordance with the law Italian (Decreto Lgs. No. 196/2003).
The search is aimed at candidates of both sexes in accordance with Italian law.