Warsaw, Poland–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Westinghouse Electric Company has signed MoUs with ten companies in Poland. The MoUs, signed both in Gdańsk and at Westinghouse’s office in Warsaw, cover cooperation on the potential deployment of six AP1000® power plants for the Polish nuclear power plant program and other potential AP1000® reactor projects in Central and Eastern Europe.
“Westinghouse is well positioned to help Poland achieve its energy goals through investments in the country in nuclear technologies, our global shared services center in Krakow where nearly 200 employees work to support the company’s global operations and to provide Poland with the best technology to support its climate change goals and secure the energy needs of its economy,” said Miroslaw Kowalik, President of Westinghouse Poland.
To strengthen its long-term relationship with Poland, Westinghouse establishes cooperation with the following companies:
- Rafako is a key provider of technology solutions for energy production and environmental protection with more than 70 years of experience.
- ZKS Ferrum is a trusted supplier of iron components and metallurgical materials.
- KB Pomorze is a specialist in engineering, procurement and mechanical construction works for power stations, petrochemical plants, etc.
- Mostostal Krakow provides fabrication and assembly services for steel structures and equipment installation.
- IMO provides complex design services for investments, general contracting of industrial and electrical installations and modernizations, extensions and repairs of electrical and industrial systems.
- Baltic GP is a manufacturer and supplier of fully equipped vessels for Polish and foreign shipowners in accordance with the adopted strategy.
- Polimex Mostostal SA provides a full range of services ranging from the design of energy installations to the completion of deliveries, including construction and assembly work.
- Fogo is one of the leading generator set manufacturers.
- Zarmen Group ensures the complete execution of industrial investments in the region and brings together 13 companies.
- Protea Group – a recognized supplier of overhead cranes, gantries, free-standing cranes, jib cranes and other lifting systems for industry.
Westinghouse Electric Company is shaping the future of carbon-free energy by providing safe and innovative nuclear technologies to utilities around the world. Westinghouse supplied the world’s first commercial pressurized water reactor in 1957 and the company’s technology is the basis of nearly half of the world’s operating nuclear power plants. For more than 130 years, innovation has made Westinghouse the preferred partner for technologies spanning the entire nuclear power lifecycle. For more information, visit www.westinghousenuclear.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.